So shoot me

So shoot me

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Doctor Rafa and the Corporate Washout

Wearing: engagement ring, silver chain necklace, combichrist Shut up and swallow t-shirt, purple plaid overshirt, boyfriend jeans, black striped socks, metallic silver converse.

Mood: Slightly anxious.

Listening to: Take a Bow

Goals for the day: Revise thesis sections, make it through all my classes, talk to Andrew, send my resume to a couple people.

Back at UC. For some reason, I always feel tired in this room. It's odd. I got slightly more sleep than I got any day back in MD, but I woke up groggy. Maybe it's the mattress here? Unimportant, just bugging me, since I have a lot to do today.

Three classes: Philebus, Rousseau, then at 8:30 Permissibility Seminar. In between I'm going to the gym, because I gained three pounds over break, bring me to 127. What. The. Fuck. In any case, the physical activity should give me more energy anyway.

I start to feel so businesslike on days like this; I can never decide if I like it or not. There's a shift in my persona; my speech patterns change slightly (which makes it difficult later if I'm talking to my friends, as I begin speaking to them like colleagues or customers or something, and it takes at least ten minutes to knock myself out of it)--my head's just in an entirely different area.

It's not -bad,- it just seems to be unique to a lot of the people I know. I worry that I'm just at a different stage in my life than my friends (not Andrew--he's my partner, so it's different). Sometimes I feel like I'm--babysitting, listening to them, even if I enjoy their company. Then I think how condescending and superior that is, and I gag a little, but it never entirely goes away.

I have -real- problems. Not fussy exes being immature, or cosplay friends trying to take away your con rights.

In other news. I found these great fantasy book torrents. Downloaded them, and now own--thousands of ebooks. Should keep me busy in between work and play. Re-reading some old Tamora Pierce now. Man, the writing is a lot worse than I remember, but I remember why I liked it.

Man, this post shows how boring my life is right now. Tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment