So shoot me

So shoot me

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Dinner with Andre

"I mean, isn’t it amazing how often a doctor will live up to our expectation of how a doctor should look? I mean, you see a terrorist on television: he looks just like a terrorist. I mean, we live in a world in which fathers, or single people, or artists, are all trying to live up to someone’s fantasy of how a father, or a single person, or an artist, should look and behave! They all act as if they know exactly how they ought to conduct themselves at every single moment. And they all seem totally self-confident. Of course, privately people are very mixed up about themselves. They don’t know what they should be doing with their lives. They’re reading all these self-help books."
--André Gregory, speaking in My Dinner with André (dir. Louis Malle, 1981)http://www.allmovie.com/work/my-dinner-with-andre-34015

No comments:

Post a Comment